4.25.2013

little things :: 1

I'm starting a new series of posts today called 'little things'. These posts will be about some small, simple thing in my life that brings me joy and make me smile. I'll be doing posts whenever something comes to my attention. I'm mostly doing it to remind myself of all that I am grateful for. The older I get, the more I realize that it's the little things in life that truly make me happy.
Today, I'll start off my series with these cute little flowers that grow in my yard in the Spring. They are called Aubretia. They grow in low-spreading mounds and I have them in several of my flower beds. What makes them so cheerful? Mostly, its the purplish-blue color that I love so much. I'm not sure what the technical name for the color is.... maybe cobalt blue or periwinkle? I'll just refer to it as burple. They come in other colors too, but burple is my favorite by far. They are only around for a short time, but when they are in full bloom my heart sings!! In my mind, they are right up there with the equally precious forget-me-nots. 
And so, I dedicate my first 'little things' post to my beautiful burple aubretia. Happy Thursday!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those flowers, too! One day when I have a garden, I shall plant some.

Brooke said...

Are these the flowers that the cats always lay in?