4.03.2012

Mid-life Crisis

Mid life is the central period of a person's life,
generally considered as the years from about 45 to 55.

A midlife crises is a term coined in 1965
to describe that period of time 
when an adult begins to realize their own mortality
and how much time is left in their life.

Men and women 
are said to react very differently to reaching mid life.
As a result, they also exhibit differences
when experiencing a midlife crisis.

For men, they usually enter a midlife crisis
because they feel that life is passing them by.
The want to acquire all of those things
they have wanted their whole lives.
They tend to make large purchases 
of things that are nostalgic.

For women, they usually enter a midlife crisis
because they reach a certain age
and find that they finally have time to do the things
they had to put on the back burner
while they were raising kids.

As I have been studying a little about this
the past few days,
it would seem that perhaps my guitar lessons
and my photography lessons 
fit into this category.
I never thought of them as parts of a midlife crisis,
but perhaps they are.

Bob, on the other hand,
made a little purchase last week.


Can you say nostalgia??
Hmmm . . . . 
I'm thinking midlife crisis. . . . definitely.

I'd be irritated if he didn't look so darn cute in it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahahahaha!!!! You are both going through a mid life crisis. So funny. But man, that is a pretty car!

Wahlin7 said...

I was so excited when I heard he got that car!! He better keep it!

Wahlin7 said...

She's a beaut, Clark!!!