Why are some things
so hard to get rid of?
Being the clutter-free person that I am,
you would think
that I would have boxed these up
years ago.
Well, at least months ago,
since my adult children STILL play with them.
(I'm not kidding)
They are just sitting on a bed
in a spare room that nobody uses.
And yet,
they make me smile
every time I enter the room.
I think it's the memories attached to them.
Memories of a simpler time.
A time when
the most complicated issue of the day
was what to have for dinner.
A time when I thought
getting the kids in bed a little late
made me a bad mom. (ha, ha)
A time I would go back to
in a heartbeat.
I thought I might box them up
this weekend.... but,
I'm not ready to let go.
Not yet, anyway.
Maybe next year.
Or the year after that....

2 comments:
WHY WOULD YOU EVEN????
Amen sista!! I vote that they will never leave. Because really, how could she??
Post a Comment