9.23.2013

while i was away

I just returned from a week of fun-filled adventure in the southern part of the state. The weather there was borderline hot and there was plenty of sunshine. Saturday night, I returned to cooler temperatures, an over-grown garden, color-changing leaves on my trees and annual flowers that are ready to be removed. Yep, Autumn is here alright. This week will most likely be filled with yard work, yard work and more yard work. My pumpkins are ripening nicely and should be ready to set out on the porch next week. As much as I dread the initial work, I really do love it when the yard is all cleaned up and everything is stored away until Spring. I'm starting to notice all kinds of good soup recipes on Pinterest and I'm getting the bug to do some serious baking and some quilting. It's funny how the change of seasons does that to me. I'm also looking forward to the warm colors that Autumn brings to the sky and the landscape. This is one of my favorite times of year to get out and take loads of pictures. The photo above was taken a few days ago at sunrise. I think it's the perfect image to welcome the new season.

No comments: