9.02.2013

embracing change


You've heard the saying... "everything in moderation". Wise words, even when it comes to seasons. As we enter the month of September, we will soon be saying goodbye to summer. Another year of popsicles, swimming pools and flip flops has passed. Am I sad? No. I love living in a place where the weather changes dramatically with each season, bringing with it different landscapes. For me, three months is just long enough for summer. I'm starting to smell the faint scent of Autumn in the air, and I like it. The first autumnal leaves have appeared on my trees. The mornings have been just a touch cooler, and the neighborhood is quite and peaceful. I drove past an elementary school the other day and saw all of the bikes lined up in the bike racks. The flag was waving in the breeze and the marquee was lit up with scheduled events for the coming months. All signs that school is back in session. We have turned another corner, and I'm ready for the change in seasons.

No comments: