3.13.2013

old habits

Before my kids were old enough to leave home and be on their own, I used to have to cram as much as I could into each day while they were at school. As a result, my exercise time was very early in the morning. Most mornings I would wake up before the sun. I longed for the day when I could sleep in a little longer and live life at my own pace. This morning, out of necessity, I took a page from the past and rose a little earlier than usual. I decided to run at the lake and it was so peaceful. The colors in the sky were beyond beautiful. I can't even describe it. I had almost forgotten how much I loved watching the world wake up in the mornings. And, its got me thinking that maybe I need to go back to my old habits. Some mornings I feel like the day is half over by the time I finish exercising, get showered and get ready. I have been feeling lately like the days are passing so quickly. Perhaps that's because I'm missing the first half of each day getting ready for the day. I think I will do a little experimenting now that the weather is getting a little warmer in the mornings, and see if I can't get more out of my days.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting. I spend the first two hours of my mornings getting kids off to three different schools. I look forward to being able to get up early in the morning and actually begin doing the things that I need to do. I can see now how important that will be. It's shocking how quickly a day can get away from you, isn't it? But I love my sleep so much. I'm afraid I'll just want to sleep in every day once my kids are grown.