2.11.2013

they're back

The long awaited day has come. Be still my heart. The robins have finally come back to usher in Spring. I wait for this day every year about this time. Today my trees were filled with all kinds of birds, plucking off the last of the berries on the trees. I captured this little guy as he was just taking a berry in. You can even see his tongue. Who knew birds had tongues? I am giddy with excitement for warmer weather to come, and for the snow to melt. Seeing the robins in the trees today means it won't be long now. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cannot wait for Spring!

Zena said...

Such a beautiful capture

Anne Camille said...

Wonderful photo. The robins where I live haven't been migrating in the winter. While it's nice to see them, I miss the anticipation and signaling of Spring when they return. Sometimes, when it is cold and snowy if some of them don't regret not having flown South for the winter.

Brooke said...

Bird whisperer