11.19.2012

birds of a feather

I have a secret passion. It's just a silly little thing I love to do whenever the opportunity arises, which isn't very often. Ready? I love to run and twirl around through flocks of birds. See... I told you it was silly. When I was visiting Italy about eight years ago, my fondest memory of the entire trip was running through a flock of pigeons in the middle of the cobblestone town square. No kidding. I felt like a little girl in my version of a candy store. I have no idea where this strange fascination started, but I have had it for as long as I can remember. Perhaps it's because I was named after a bird (literally) or because I love birds, and the sky, and twirling, and fresh air... I don't know for sure. But I do know that this morning when I went for my run, I came upon this beautiful sight and something stirred inside of me. You can only imagine what I did. Luckily, I was the only one in sight (minus a few construction workers across the way who witnessed the whole thing.) I don't care though. You only live once. Plus it's not like they will ever see me again... at least not until Wednesday. But rest assured I will wear different clothes. Mostly because the ones I wore today have bird poop on them :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Um....if only I had come running with you.

Brooke said...

Bowling for buzzards, Pumbaa?