Ordinarily, when posting a picture of the sky, I would be tempted to show an image of a bright blue, puffy-white-cloud-filled sky or a beautiful sunset filled with oranges and yellows. But today, I chose an image of the sky above our cabin in the Uintah Mountains of Utah. The sky was a beautiful blue, but I chose to process it in subdued black, gray and cream tones. So fitting for this time of year, I think. These branches will be weighed down with heavy white snow before long, and the sky will be a darker stormy gray for sure. But until then, I will enjoy the clear days like this, when the sky seems to go on forever.


7 comments:
My favorite kind of skies, those clear blue ones that extend out forever! they make even the coldest days bearable. I love the process on this photo, I think you captured the essence of a winters day quite nicely!
~Dawn
Well at least we can HOPE that they will be covered in white snow soon....
I love what you've done with this photo! And I like the perspective!
I really like how your coloring makes the birch bark stand out. It's a wonderful photo, and the Uintah Mountains are a beautiful place to live.
I think the processing adds a dramatic feel to this shot. I really love it!
I like the angle you chose and the texture of the branches.
excellent decision to go with the black and white. very striking.
Post a Comment