7.18.2012

all party'd out + five questions

We had a wonderful celebration for Tate's 2nd birthday last night, complete with swimming, balloons, going down the slide, unwrapping presents, blowing out candles, and, of course, unwrapping gifts. Most of the people that matter most in Tate's life were there to celebrate with us. I took lots of pics to document the occasion, but my favorite was taken at the end of the night when things were winding down. Tate sat down with a couple of his balloons and just stared off for a moment. I think it's a priceless shot. My precious little grandson... growing up. I think he was all party'd out.


In other news....


Our assignment in Behind the Scenes this week was to answer these five questions on our blog.


1. What makes you happy?
That's easy....Faith, Family, Friends, Food and Photography. (kind of wish photography started with an F :)


2. Which talent would you most like to have?
This is not so easy because there are so many answers, but I would have to say a talent for singing. I recently took up the guitar and would love to have a beautiful voice to go along with it.


3. Which words or phrases do you overuse most? Hmmmm....hmmmm.....hmmmm. I'm not sure. I would probably say hmmm... :)


4. What is your favorite movie, book or both? For movie, I would probably say First Night (an oldie but goody). I love anything set back in medieval times. Plus, I'm a sucker for forbidden love :) Books are a little harder. I'm not sure I have discovered my favorite yet. I'm still making my way through all of the millions of good reads out there. I'll keep you posted...


5. If you could go anywhere in the world for a creative retreat, where might it be? Africa. Definitely Africa. Can you imagine the images you could capture? Between the culture, the people, the land and the animals....be still my heart.


Okay, that's it for today. I sure am enjoying this class and hate to see it come to an end on Friday. I have so much more to learn!

11 comments:

~ said...

I love the simple serif typewriter format and the red and black is striking!

Denise in Akron, Ohio ~ from BTS

Unknown said...

Lovely clean blog you have! great photo of your grandson and great list! There is a ton of info to take in in this class - can't believe it's over on Friday . . .

Sarah Huizenga said...

Precious picture of your Grandson. I agree too many books and not enough time.

Ahayes1225 said...

Your blog is very nice, everything just seesm to go together.

Unknown said...

The red and black worked well,nice and clear.Your grandson is a cutey ,looks like it was a big day!
Thanks for sharing and as some bloke once said " I will be back!"
Lee

Roxi H said...

love your header and your writing and photos are fabulous. am following you (BTS)

Unknown said...

What a great picture of your grandson!!
Enjoyed reading your answers!

Breezy Murray said...

You captured your grandson perfectly; he looks like he's in his own happy world. Africa is a beautiful country to visit; stirs your emotions and senses.

Becky said...

Your blog is gorgeous! I love the simplicity and cleanness of it. You've choen perfect fonts. That is one cute grandson!

Angela said...

The photo of your grandson communicates so much. I'm a grandmother too and can relate!

Nice, clean-looking blog.

Unknown said...

He's so tuckered!