There are few things I enjoy more than my garden tomatoes.
Every year I look forward to picking them by the bushel and making my yummy salsa.
This year was no exception.
My jars have been waiting. . .
and the tomatoes are finally ripe and ready.
First I remove the skins of the tomatoes.
Then, I chop them up in the food processor
and put them in a large stockpot.
Next, I add plenty of onions, bell peppers,
jalapeno peppers,
and garlic, of course,
It's a lot of chopping and by now my eyes are watering like mad!!
I cook the salsa out on the BBQ burner
so my house won't smell like salsa for a week.
so my house won't smell like salsa for a week.
It takes a couple of hours to thicken up good.
Into the jars it goes.
It's sealed and processed in the canner for 30 minutes.
Mmmm! I love my garden fresh tomatoes!














1 comment:
Mmmm...yes please. I love Salsa!
Post a Comment