8.24.2011

A New Perspective


Every other day I wake up early to head out on a run at Daybreak Lake.  
Most of the time I am tired and filled with dread
because I know in a short time the sun will come up,
I'll be sweating like a dog, and it will be HOT!
Today was an exception.
Today I was on a mission.  
I  decided to take my camera with me
and capture some of the beauty that I usually overlook.
I was reading in a photo book about the importance of paying attention.
Really paying attention.
And so, I am taking the challenge.
Today I decided to pay more attention to the beautiful things around me
and document some of what I see in my day-to-day life.
 I started by capturing the beautiful silhouette of the mountains.
I see them each morning as I walk out the door.
They look beautiful against the early morning sky.


I arrived at the lake just as the sun was coming up over the mountain tops.  
Here are a few of the pictures I took along the my running route.




                                           














and my personal favorite . . . . . 


The little boys in this photo were too caught up in looking at the fish to even notice me.
Their reflections in the water were so great.  I just had to capture it.
Turns out I love my runs in the morning . . . no matter how hot it is.  
It really boils down to your attitude.
I think my just had an adjustment. :)  






1 comment:

Unknown said...

curse that lake and all its beauty :)