10.09.2013

don't stop

This is Bryan. He's been a friend of mine for many years. This is just a silly photo he agreed to pose for a couple of weeks ago on a 4-couple getaway we planned for late in September. It was a dare really. He was in the middle of a national park and the road sign was lying on the ground, innocently. Until I got this hair brained idea to do this post, and needed a photo to go along with it. We had just completed a grueling hike and we were on our way back out of Zions Canyon.... which brings me to the subject I want to address today. Aging. Let me start by saying that this particular group of friends I went on the trip with have all reached mid-life a.k.a. 50. Okay, I'm  still 5 months away, but essentially we are all there, and some are well into our 50's. 
When I was a young girl, I thought 50 was nearly dead. No really. I had a teacher that I thought was ancient, only to find out some 20 years later she was only 52. Let me translate that for you.... this means at the time she was only 32! Wow, our perception is truly different when we are young.
Anyway, as I and most of my friends are now reaching the golden years, I am finding myself unwilling to get old. I mean sure, my body is aging, but believe me I am fighting it every step of the way. I still have a lot I want to do, and hopefully I still have plenty of time on this earth to do it. I've decided I'm not ready to stop. To slow down. I want to keep moving and be active. So, as long as my health will allow it, I plan to do just that. I still want to try new things and experience new places. Age is a mindset, right?? And so, I say to my dear friends who inspire me every day, here's to our friendship, our good health and many more adventures!
I'm gonna go knock on some wood now..... 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you enjoyed that Zion's hike a few weeks ago. You may have experienced a "no-joke" stop sign if you tried to go this week.

Unknown said...

Ya'll don't look a day over 48