9.05.2013
crazy about candids
I'm not a photographer. I have never claimed to be. I don't like posed, set-up shots.... especially of people. I'm more the candid, spur-of-the-moment type shutterbug enthusiast. So, when I was asked to take some pics of this irresistible family, I had to say yes. Besides, they just happen to be family. And, let's be honest, who can say 'NO' to family?? Britt had some ideas about what she wanted. She had collected ideas from Pinterest and knew the look she was going for. However, as is usually the case, things don't always go as planned. We started out good, but then things got a little silly. Which is exactly how I like it, because then the REAL shots happen. If you ask me, nobody should go into a photo shoot with any preconceived ideas about what they want. Just let whatever is natural for your family happen. Bring a few cute props and just cut the kids loose. The best shots aren't planned, they are captured moments that are genuine and have real emotion involved. Yep, those are the kind of photos I like. Above is just a sampling of a few of the funny moments captured that day. Cute little family, don't you think?
Labels:
family,
photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We are pretty cute, aren't we?!
Post a Comment