7.17.2013

the day my world changed

Today marks the three year anniversary of the day my world changed. It was July 17, 2010, when my first grandchild entered this world.  Back then, I was filled with excitement, sprinkled with a little trepidation and some fear. I didn't know how to be a grandma. And, to be honest, I wasn't convinced that I was cut out for it. I loved my husband and kids to death, but I wasn't sure there was room for more love inside of me. And then.... he came into the world and all of my doubts and fears melted, along with my heart. I haven't been the same since. The closest I can come to describing it, is that it's like love squared. Being "Grammie" rocks!! My life is forever changed. These days, I can't even think about him without smiling. Today he's turning three and his wonderful mommy is throwing him an 'Incredibles' birthday party. I guarantee it will be awesome! Happy Birthday to my sweet little nugget. Grammie loves you 'bigger than the sky'!! 

No comments: