6.11.2013
the mac daddy
This is my first official post this month. Why?? Let's just say my computer has been m.i.a. Well okay, not exactly MISSING.... more like absent, in the excused sense of the word. After 5 months, (yes, you heard me correctly) I finally took my fabulous-Christmas-present-2012 new Mac, pictured above, and my old-reliable-can't-live-without-it Mac to the Apple Store to have everything transferred over. Why have I been dragging my feet for so long? Mostly fear. Extreme fear. I just could not wrap my head around the idea of starting over. I know what you are thinking.... 'you don't have to start over, everything transfers' right?? Not exactly. True, my pictures and fonts are all safe and sound, but there are other system preferences that need to be reset. Settings that need to be changed and software programs that need to be re-registered and updated. Not to mention plug-ins and a whole slew of other small details to iron out. No, updating to a new computer is no small feat. And, for a person who is a creature of habit and hates change, it can be downright terrifying. On the upside, it does give you an opportunity to rearrange and reorganize things. Plus, look how beautiful this little big guy is. I'm so looking forward to editing photos on this bad boy! Now that the hard part is over, I'm not really sure why I waited so long to do it. I'm seriously considering a little office makeover next. Stay tuned....
Labels:
just life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment