6.24.2013

finding my way back

I had forgotten how much I love it. It's been two years. But, on Friday, I made my way back to Yoga. It's unlike anything else I have ever done for my health. Difficult, challenging, but at the same time so relaxing. I came away with a renewed spirit, mind and body. And, an unquenchable desire for more. I'm definitely back, to stay. If you've never done yoga, I challenge you to find a class and give it a try. It's more than just a workout for your body, it's also a challenge for your mind. Learning to relax it... to shut out everything negative from entering it. Something that is so hard to do in most settings. Friday, during the final relaxation part of class, we were asked to think of three truths about ourselves. These truths were to begin with the two words 'I am'. This is much harder to do than you might think. Why is it so easy to say positive things about others, but so hard to say them about ourselves? Even if we feel positive about ourselves, it's sometimes difficult to verbalize it. My three truths?

I am kind.
I am strong.
I am loved.

It's such a great practice to incorporate into your life on a daily basis. I started today. Namaste...  

No comments: