5.20.2013
the not-so-obvious
A couple of weeks ago, our photography group went on a little field trip to Temple Square. We went with the intention of shooting the beautiful spring flowers, which I did. However, I decided that I also wanted to spend some time looking for things that were not so noticeable. I tried to look for some unique things that might have otherwise been missed. This is something I have really been trying to focus on lately with my photography. It's very easy to capture images that stand out. You know, the ones that everyone else around you is capturing also. So, I wandered around, away from the the others and snapped a few pics of things that just caught my eye. I tried to think out of the box. I recommend this little exercise to anyone who loves photography and wants to develop their own style. It's so easy to be influenced by what other people shoot. Sometimes, your style can really just be everyone else's style. Moving away from the pack can really make you think about what is beautiful to you. I've heard professionals say that they had to quit looking at other photographers work in order to truly find themselves. I think there is really something to this idea and I'm tempted to try it myself. Another thing I try to keep in mind is that what other's think of my photos doesn't matter as much as what I think of them. A concept that has taken me a long time to grasp.... and even longer to accept. Happy Monday.
Labels:
life lessons,
photography,
Temples,
the click
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love my talented Mom!
Post a Comment