We are into the second month of our photo club 'The Click' and things are rolling along smoothly. We took our first official field trip a couple of weeks ago to Wheeler Farm. When we arrived, we each chose three words based on our first impression of the place. Mind you, we hadn't walked around and surveyed the grounds yet, so the words were pretty broad. It had snowed that morning and the skies were gray and gloomy. I immediately thought of the word MUTED. I could see the barns in the distance and a few animals wandering the grounds, so I chose RUSTIC and ANIMALS for my other two words. For the next hour and a half we were to scope out the farm and take photos of things that represented the words we had chosen. Can I just say.... SO FUN!! It was challenging, but at the same time it was great to wander around and know that you were choosing to take photos that would be so different from what others would take. My pictures were unique to me and me only. It was a great exercise in being deliberate in your shooting. I have to say, my favorite photo was the one in the lower right corner. It may be difficult to see unless you click on the photo to enlarge, but that pig peed for 2 straight minutes!! Unbelievable. And they talk about race horses.... I think I captured the moment quite well. That's something I never thought I would be photographing.... a pink pig peeing. (say that 10 times fast)

No comments:
Post a Comment