4.07.2013

away and back again









I've been away, and now returned after an unscheduled, spontaneous trip to the Hawaiian Islands. Not being one to just drop everything and run away for a couple of weeks, this was certainly 'out of the box' for me. I didn't have much time to prepare before I left, but I took my laptop along with the intention of blogging while I was away. That plan didn't come to fruition. Once my skin hit that warm, tropical air, it was over. Productivity took a back seat to relaxation. I did however, manage to post a few pics on Instagram, along the way. I'm telling you what, as far as worldly possessions are concerned, there is not much more I need in life than a good book, my camera, a pair of flip flops, a cold bottle of water and some sunscreen. My trip consisted primarily of walking, eating, sleeping, reading and relaxing while listening to the ocean. Believe me, 10+ straight days of tropical bliss does wonders for the soul. And, now that I've been back a few days, I'm finding it a little hard to get back in the saddle of my everyday life. But I'm feeling rejuvenated and ready to take it one step at a time. Happy to be back to my home sweet home:)

   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! beautiful and stunning capture ... thank you for sharing ---- April

Bella Cirovic said...

This photo is just stunning. I'm so glad you went out of your comfort zone and enjoyed 10 days of bliss.
Welcome home!