I'm passing along a delicious recipe today for anyone interested in cutting down on white sugar and white flour in their diet. It's an oatmeal banana muffin that's loaded with flavor. I added some sour cherries to half of my batter for kicks and they were delicious. Nuts, raisins, coconut or chocolate chips would also be yummy. Here's the base recipe:
Oatmeal Banana Muffins
Preheat oven to 400°
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2-1/2 cups oatmeal
2 eggs
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup honey
Mix all ingredients in a food processor until blended. Bake 15-20 minutes.
**I love the taste of brown sugar and oats together, so I opted to use 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup honey. You can use any combination of brown sugar, white sugar, honey, agave nectar, etc. in place of the honey in this recipe.

1 comment:
Can't wait to make them today!!!
Post a Comment