11.01.2012

monthly health challenge

via pinterest
Okay, let me start this post by saying... No, this is not me. However, I hope when I am this age (which isn't very far off) I will still be jumping rope with a smile on my face. Wait, I don't even do that now. I mean I jump rope, but I'm usually panting and sweating and watching the clock praying that I can make it for the last 10 seconds. Regardless, I want to look like this cute little grandma when I get older. It's November and the weather is starting to get colder. If you are like most, exercise gets harder this time of year. Between the shorter days, the colder weather, the stress of the upcoming holidays and the increased desire for all kinds of yummy comfort foods and desserts, it's very easy to blow off exercise. For November, the monthly health challenge is to remember the words of Albert Einstein. Yes, you heard me right. It turns out he knows about good health along with everything else. He said, "Living life is like riding a bike--you have to keep moving to stay balanced." Brilliant isn't it? Keep moving. That's our new challenge. Find ways to keep moving through the busy month of November. It sounds cliche', but park far away from the front door when you are doing your holiday shopping. Take the stairs. Turn on the latest T-Swift CD and bust a move!! (not that I would EVER do something like that...) Whatever it takes, do not go into hibernation this holiday season. MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, and then MOVE some more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so you in 20 years