9.04.2012
through his eyes
Lately, I've been noticing him watching me more. Really paying attention to the things I do, and how I do them. He does the same thing to his Mom and Dad, and his Grandpa. He's only two, but I find him mimicking my every move. I've decided the impressionable years have begun. I have to watch everything I do .... because he is. I want to be a good example. I want to be kind, fair, brave and honest. What I do now will stay in his mind forever. Talk about pressure! When I had my own children I didn't realize it. I didn't know just how much they paid attention. How much they would retain. But now that I'm a grandma, I am so much more aware. It's a little scary to think about the responsibility of it all. Because it's huge and it's sitting squarely on my shoulders. I only have one life in which to influence him. I want it to be a good one, because he's watching...
Labels:
family,
life lessons,
macro,
tate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No pressure for me....either....gads.
Bah... Relax, we turned out fine :)
Post a Comment