8.01.2012
monthly health challenge
It's August(can you believe it?) and time for another Monthly Health Food Challenge. With all of the produce from our gardens coming on this time of year, it seems like the perfect time to promote organics. There are farmer's markets all over with yummy local organic produce for sale. For the past few years I have opted to grow an organic garden. No pesticides in my garden! But, if you didn't go organic, this is a great time of year to find organics in the store and at corner markets. They cost a little more, but I think it's worth it. We don't really know what those pesticides do to our bodies in the long run, so why take a chance when you have organic fruits and veggies available to you. One word of warning: they do tend to go rotten quicker than those fruits and veggies with preservatives pumped into them. But I just figure that causes me to eat them quicker and more often. It's a win win if you ask me.
Labels:
Monthly Health Challenge
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I will try, but I suck at buying organic fruits and veggies.
Post a Comment