7.05.2012

the big two eight

































He hates to have his picture taken, often ducking behind someone and always looking away. When he does "pose" for a shot, he has the "Austin smile" which technically isn't a real smile at all. Mostly, it's an awkward grin of sorts that looks completely unnatural. But, every once in a while I capture a moment when he lets his true self show. His funny, cute side. And when I do, the picture is priceless to me, even if someone else is in the shot or the background isn't what I would choose. This is one such photo. A little out of focus, but wonderful just the same.


He turns 28 today and is all grown up. It seems like just yesterday he was 5 years old and getting ready to start school in the fall. My how the years fly by. 


When I think of Mike, these words come to mind:  hard worker, very creative, bright, tender-hearted, sentimental, kind, the best brother ever, animal lover, car fanatic, sister teaser, wonderful son, great cook, nature lover, boating enthusiast, scuba lover, mechanically minded, compassionate, giver, Moose lover (more on that in a later post).


I only have one son, who just happens to be the perfect son for me. I feel so lucky to have him in our family, and wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.  The older he gets, the prouder I become of him. He will always be my little boy, and I love him more than life itself. 


Happy Birthday Son!!!! 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice photobomb, gal. Real mature.

Unknown said...

K, just two things....

First, um...did you really have to use that picture. And even if the answer is yes, you would have at least cropped me out of it.

Second, you forgot the word IDIOT