The Daylilies are blooming in my yard. I just love this time of year when they start to open up and the yellow flowers appear. I went out first thing in the morning and cut a little stem and put it in a cute vase on my kitchen table. It made me forget all about my cold/flu for a short time. I just had to take a picture while the flower was so pretty. Did you know that each Daylily only blooms for one day? Then it is replaced by another bloom the next day. You can see the six blooms waiting to emerge on this one stalk. It got me thinking....If I only had one day, what would I spend it doing? Hmmmm, I can tell you one thing, I would be ticked if I had to spend it in bed with a darn cold!! I can't wait to feel better. Maybe tomorrow I will "turn the corner".

No comments:
Post a Comment