5.25.2012

Desperate For Dry

I have always admired
really pretty skin.
The kind women have 
who live in tropical, humid climates.
The kind that keeps your face
looking a little dewey
all of the time.
I have longed to have skin like that
for most of my adult life...
until this week.
Going to Aruba changed me.
I have 
NEVER,
EVER,
EVER
been so hot and sweaty
in all my life!
And, believe me, 
that is saying a lot.
I could handle the heat in Aruba,
but its the 500% humidity that got to me.
Sure my feet looked great,
no cracks or dryness,
but don't even get me started on my hair.
It was constantly laying FLAT
right next to my already-too-small head.
Not an ounce of volume in sight!
My makeup looked great 
when I was in the hotel,
but the second I stepped outside,
it slid right down my face.
My clothes were wet for a week straight.
There is no such thing as a dry towel,
or dry clothes in Aruba.
I was wet and sticky
the entire time I was there.

And so,
say what you want 
about the gorgeous tropics.
I'll keep my dry, desert climate,
(and my dry feet)
thank you very much.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny. I wish we had a LITTLE humidity.