3.27.2012

Hungry For Hunger Games


I belong to a family book club.
It's mainly just an excuse for us to get together
every couple of months
and eat, talk, laugh and then eat some more.
We've been going strong for a couple of years now,
maybe even three years.
Last January,  
I chose The Hunger Games,
by Suzanne Collins,
for the book to read that month.
I hadn't read it, 
but I had heard it was really good.
Alas, it was true.
It's a very disturbing story,
but there are so many lessons in it.
Last night, a few of us went to see the movie together.
We were not disappointed.
It followed the book pretty perfectly,
which is always a bonus.
And, I thought they presented it in a very tasteful way,
considering the content of the story.
We had a great time.  
It was intense right from the beginning.
I thought the choice of actors was
"spot on".
(I'm thinking in an English accent right now)
My official analysis?
Three thumbs up (even though I only have two).
and at least 6 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I concur....I will give you one of my thumbs.