"Photography is not like painting.
There is a creative fraction of a second
when you are taking a picture.
when you are taking a picture.
Your eye must see a composition or an expression
that life itself offers you,
and you must know with intuition when to click the camera.
That is the moment the photographer is creative."
-Henri Cartier Bresson
I turned around to see this fraction of a second
right in front of my eyes.
Nothing life-changing.
No milestone.
Nothing planned or staged.
Just a tiny moment in time. . .
the only proof of its existence, this photograph.
I'm trying to train my eye to see more of these moments.
And then to act on it without hesitation.
If I'd hesitated at all,
I would have missed it.
The moment gone forever.
I would have missed it.
The moment gone forever.
And then there was this moment . . .
Grandpa's greatest get-well gift.
(Of course neither of them will put down their remotes
long enough for a proper hug. Priceless.)


1 comment:
well that might be the most precious thing I have seen all day/week/year.
Post a Comment