6.29.2011

Spring Planting

This Spring was a crazy one. I usually spend the second week of May planting flowers in my yard and vegetables in my garden. Everything is usually planted by May 15th. This year was different. Too much rain and cold temperatures kept me from planting when I usually do. I didn't even start my planting until after Memorial Day.

I went to Lambert's, which is my favorite nursery, and loaded
up with a great variety of plants.




Dallin and Brittany helped me plant the flowers in the beds.
The new flowers looked so small next to my larger spring perennials,
but it won't be long until they fill in.


We planted most of the garden in our garden boxes.





I planted the extras in my flower beds.
I've tried it for a couple of years and it seems to work really well.
It actually makes my beds look fuller and more lush.



This year Britt planted all of my pots.
It was her first time and I gave her free reign to do whatever she wanted.
I think she did a fabulous job!







With any luck my yard will look beautiful this year.
More pics to come!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must say, those pots are rather charming :)