This summer Brooke and I have decided go out on a limb. We have instituted the SUMMER PHOTO CHALLENGE. What is it? It's really very simple.
Each week we challenge each other to a new photo project. It can be any kind, but the project must involve a photo. Some weeks the photos will be from our own personal archives. Other weeks, they must be new pics shot during that week. We are taking on this challenge for four reasons:
- We are trying to improve our creativity and learn new programs on the computer,i.e. photoshop, indesign, etc.
- We are trying to hone our photography skills by forcing ourselves to take more pics.
- We try to do something "out of the box" as often as possible.
- We are funny :)
We have been doing this for three weeks now and have already learned a lot.
Last weeks challenge was to create a CD cover for the band Coldplay entitled "Miscalculation". This may sound a little out there . . but again, we like to do things out of the box. Below are the finished products if you care to take a look.

My entry

Brooke's entry
We have both come up with some unique ideas, written them down on paper, folded them and put them in a cute jar (pictured below). Each Sunday we draw out a new project idea. We have just one week to finish the project. That may like plenty of time, but it takes a while to get the creative juices flowing. Next week's challenge is an original photo. The topic is "Shadow". I will post the results each week and would love to get feedback from anyone (please be gentle).
We would love to have anyone join us in the challenge. Just leave a comment and we will contact you with the information.

1 comment:
I wish I had time to join you in your photo challenge. Maybe if I finish my list of 900 things to do this week, I can join you next week.
Post a Comment